Monday, July 30, 2012

Antique side table shabby to "chic"

Antique sewing table shabby to "chic"!

 Before                   After



I found this beautiful Antique sewing table at my local thrift store. It had stunning hardware, carved detailing and stunning curved legs and I just knew it needed a second life, so I decided to take it home with me and re purpose it as beautiful side table. this piece  would be beautiful in a foyer, dinning room or even as a night side table.

With this piece I first started by removing the old sewing machine from the table and tacking down the top. This made the table half the weight and more usable as a side table.
For the color I chose a light  Paris grey chalk paint along with a light distressing and a top coat of dark wax for an amazing aged antique look and a final coat of clear wax.  I just loved the final product.

 

1 comment:

  1. I visit this site and acquainted with this.This site publish most useful and valuable article.I read this post and find lot of things.I am really happy for reading and knowing this post.

    sallyberesford

    ReplyDelete