Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cutom dresser/ TV console transformation

Dresser Transformation
 
This was a custom piece I was working on for a friend and customer. The above picture is the inspiration piece she loved and wanted me to try and duplicate.
 
 
Here is what I did.
 
 
 I was extremely excited and crazy amazed to find this dresser at a local thrift store... about a week after we decided to move forward on creating this dresser into T.v. console transformation. It is almost the exact same dresser.
 
 
First I removed all hardware and  roughly sanded down the piece. Then I used cottage white as the bottom color and applied 3 coats for a full covering since the customer wanted a clean look rather then a distressed one. I then applied a wax seal on the entire piece and added all new hardware from Lowes. Next I tried re-staining the top a dark color but because the wood coloring was so light it just would not go dark enough, so I did a faux wood stain by using paint and glaze. Love the rustic way it turned out.

                        
 Lastly I had my husband help by constructing shelved in place of the three top drawers painted and sealed and the piece was complete and i have to say I was really excited and impressed with how close we can to matching the inspiration piece.

 
and even more excited that the customer LOVED it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment