Saturday, February 18, 2012

Furniture make-over

Little Girls Bedroom Furniture Make-Over

 
I do not typically do custom jobs or furniture people already own because of the risk involved and profit margins but I decided to do this one for a friend. This was an old bedroom set from the 80's made out of a kind of laminate material. It had seen alot of ware and was pretty outdated in its detailing. So I gave it a face lift of sorts. First I lightly hand sanded all the pieces roughing up the tops of the furniture a little more then the other areas to insure the paint would stick. The look they were wanting was a shabby chic cottage look with blue being a main theme color while still being for a little girl.

So I did a white-wash effect lots of painting on top of colors using water downed paint and alot of distressing. I also used a stencil to paint on a couple flowers onto the bed post and dresser for pops of color and to tie in the chair I recovered. I think is turned out supper cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment