Sunday, January 22, 2012

Latest projects


After
I found this vintage 1960's lingerie chest in the French provincial style and fell in love. I knew I had to have it. I was so torn on what color to paint it but decided to go with a shabby chic two-toned vintage grey and I think it turned out beautifully. These lingerie chests are scarce and I was so happy to find one.
Before

I actually found this solid wood desk at a home when I was picking up another piece and saw so much potential. It was solid but really warn with marker drawing all over is and lots of use. But I painted it a flat black and then hand sanded and distressed it for a rustic look and finished it with a mat poly finish.     



 I bought Chris a flat screen TV for Father's Day (last year) and it has been up stairs in the bonus room hardly being used. So we decided it was time to make the move downstairs, but we couldn't put it in the  living room because we had a large black Tv cabinet and while it was oversized the flat screen wouldn't fit. So I had to find something that was rustic and fit our style to put it on, so the search was on. But all I could seem to find for entertainment units were either modern or to polished iand fancy for us. So when I found this old  dresser the demension were perfect, however it wasn't solidwood so I was unsure of how it would turn out but at only $30.00 it was worth a shot. I first painted a rustic clay brown and then lightly brushed an antique canyon grey overtop in various areas to add shadowing and demension. Then I lightly sanded the corners and edges so the green background would show through ever so slightly. The key with this piece was to paint lightly. Finally I finished with a coat of mat polly finish and changed a few knobs to add a bit of iron work and this is how it turned out!

Before

After

3 comments:

  1. I agree! They look awesome :)
    - Ashley
    (I don't know if you remember me but I am Leah Fahrlender's cousin)

    http://pencilleddaydream.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete