Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Starting point

So I have decided it's past due that I compile all my creations together and start an archive and blog. What started out as a creative outlet and hobby for a stay at home mommy has become a passion, adventure and love. I started back in March of 2011, buying a few pieces of old run down furniture at yard sales, thrift stores and then let my creative juices flow. I had no idea what I was doing, but I began  using paints we had left over in the garage from our house. I started with coffee tables, posted them on my facebook and they sold immediately. So I went and found a few more pieces... and got even more creative, however I had no idea really what I was doing. I would just lightly sand, paint and add a spash of creativity. Now 7 months later I have sold over 39 pieces and have 2 more currently listed. I have learned about what works what doesn't and still trying new things with every piece. I hope that this blog helps inspire you to get creative with your old furniture and instead of trashing it give it new life again.

2 comments:

  1. Okay..now I got the answer to some of my own questions....I am in the same boat as you! I am out of work right now and love furniture, so I am looking for ways to "replenish" the money. I love the above Blog...it relates to me as well....Thanks for doing this....I have definetely got to get started....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, Thank you so much for your comments! I love being able to create and make a little extra income for my family as well. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is just get in there and have fun with is don't be afraid of messing up.

      Delete