Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Beautiful Serpentine chest of drawers

I found this beautiful dresser actually on Craigslist and while it was a little more pricy then I normally try to spend... I just loved it's Regalness... ( I know thats not even a word but it's the word I feel best describes it). To start it needed a little love on the surface but it's bones where REALLy good! It is a sturdy, heavy solid wood piece! It is solid cherry ( they just don't make furniture like this anymore) Beautiful! I decided to leave the beautiful design on the top drawer to add charicter and design to the piece and I used ASCP old white for the body of the piece. And because i used chalk paint I was apple two skip both sanding and priming but I did have to apply 4 coats of the chalk paint for full coverage. Next I lightly sanded the piece to minimize any brush strokes and to make it smooth, as smooth as butter...while landing a light distressing around the edges and corners. Next I applied a full coat of finishing paste ( aka wax). I like to apply it with a chip brush and then rub it in with an old rag like a t-shirt or cheese cloth. This gives the piece it's protection and finished look. And Walaa...









No comments:

Post a Comment