Thursday, January 3, 2013

Custom Desk makeover

Custom desk restoration project

Before

The plan for this desk is to restore and refinish the top to a dark walnut color and the bottom with an old white (ASCP) paint  and wax mat finish with light distressing and an antique duck egg blue interior in the drawers for a pop of color and style.

 
 
 First I used a stripper and totally striped the top. I actually had to do this process three times to get all the original finish off. Then I sanded and smoothed down the top. Next I applied a walnut finishing oil to set the color I did this three times as well to get the depth of color I was looking for. Finally I applied two coats of poly to seal it.

 
 After finishing the top I painted the bottom with again three coats of ASCP (Annie Salon chalk paint) Old white for a nice thick finish. After completely drying I waxed the entire piece lightly sanded and waxed it again for a final seal.
 
 
After
 
                                                             (this is the pop of blue)

2 comments: