Saturday, January 19, 2013

Shabby chic repurposed wardrobe

Probably one of my favorite pieces. I say that not because of its construction or because it brings back some sort of childhood memory. It is one of my favorites because of the sheer transformation. One of the reasons why I love what I do so much is because I see furniture pieces with age, that aren't loved or cherished, and I can put in some work and give pieces new life. This is one of those pieces.

Found in an old shed, left to rot, this Chifferobe is now absolutely beautiful! The upper door got a new mirror cut for it, a new hanging rack was installed and shelves were constructed to give it some cool functionality. The possibilities are endless!

I decided to use a 2tone color scheme on this piece. Antique white is what highlights the majority with accents of grey. Cute stenciled birds and new hardware make this piece a perfect fit for a nursery, but I have even thought about the possibilities of it in my own bedroom! I love it!!

Whoever gets his piece is going to be one lucky person! My hope is that they love it as much as I do!! I hope that this inspires you to find your own shabby treasure and transform it into a chic masterpiece.

For sale 395.00







2 comments:

  1. I love this. I have my great grandmothers but the shelves are falling apart. It has a long mirror. It would look amazing like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it has good bones the possibilities are endless! I have another one I hope to start work on soon... I love seeing shabby go to chic! Please let me know how your project turns out.

      Delete